Last revised: August 23, 2020
Area of Research Interests
- Chronic stress associated with caregiving and its attributes (e.g., symptoms of depression)
- Grief (e.g., complicated grief and non-death grief) and loss
- Wellness of counseling professionals (e.g., counselors, counselor educators, students in training, and clinical researchers) in relation to professional identity in counseling
- Culturally-responsive research mentorship in counselor education
- Barriers to Access Mental Health Care among Black, Indigenous, Persons of Color (BIPOC) communities and others during COVID-19
- Trauma-responsive school yards in elementary schools in the Greater Philadelphia area
Research Coursework Completed
- Biotechnology & Human Rights (2 credits)
- Standard Laboratory Experiments in Physics & Chemistry (2 credits)
- Laboratory Experiments in Life Science I (5 credits)
- Laboratory Experiments in Life Science II (10 credits)
- Research Experiments in Biology (8 credits)
- Introduction to Quantitative Research (EDUC 6114, 3 credits)
- Qualitative Research Methods (EDUC 8122, 3 credits)
- Seminar in Counseling (CNSL 8961, 3 credits)
- Case Study Research Methods (EDUC 8131, 3 credits)
- Predictive Designs & Analyses (EDUC 8171, 3 credits)
- Structural Equation Modeling (EDUC 8173, 3 credits)
Published, Peer-Reviewed Articles:
- Moh, Y. (2020). A systemic approach to the development and improvement of trauma-informed mental health counseling. Romania Journal of Counseling.
- Barrera, A., Moh, Y., Nichols, A., & Le, H-N. (2020). The factor reliability and convergent validity of the Patient Health Questionnaire-4 (PHQ-4) among an international sample of pregnant women. Journal of Women’s Health. https://doi.org/10.1089/jwh.2020.8320
- Natori, Y., Tagami, K., Murakami, K., Yoshida, S., Tanigawa O., Moh, Y., Masuda, K., Wada, T., Suzuki, S., Nanamiya, H., Tozawa, Y., & Kawamura, F. (2009). Transcription Activity of Individual rrn Operons in Bacillus subtilis Mutants Deficient in (p)ppGpp Synthetase Genes, relA, yjbM, and ywaC. Journal of Bacteriology, 191(14), 4555-4561. http://jb.asm.org/content/191/14/4555
Published Articles, Book Chapters, and Books:
- Lee, D. L. & Moh, Y. (Eds.) (2020). New developments in multicultural and social justice counseling competence training. Journal of Multicultural Counseling and Development, 48(3), 134-136. https://doi.org/10.1002/jmcd.12172
- Moh, Y., & Jacques, J. (2020). Three responses to promote survival. In Raissa, M., & R., & Eric, B. T. (Eds.) The Neuroeducation toolbox: Collaborative approaches to infusing neuroscience principles in counseling and psychotherapy. Cognella.
- Moh, Y., & Sperandio, K. (2020). How do counselors support clients during the coronavirus pandemic? Counseling Today, Online Exclusives. https://ct.counseling.org/2020/04/how-do-counselors-support-clients-during-the-coronavirus-pandemic/
- Moh, Y. (2016). A meaning of transformational excellence and strategies for its promotion. Chi Sigma Iota & Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Program. A Meaning of Transformational Excellence and Strategies for Its Promotion
Manuscripts under Review:
- Moh, Y., & Lanthier, R. P. Caring for mental health caregivers: Non-death loss and grief, support, and their associations with depression
- Moh, Y., & Lanthier, R. P. Factor structure and measurement invariance of Loss Scale of the FMTCS, and the construct validity and reliability of scores on non-death loss and grief in mental health caregivers.
- Moh, Y. Goals of multicultural counseling.
- Moh, Y. Multicultural and diversity training in counselors.
Projects in Progress:
- Moh, Y., & Lanthier, R. (2018 – present). The Association between caregiver stress and depression.
- Moh, Y., Bang, N., & Crunk, A. E. (2017 – present). An examination of the relationship between professional identity in counseling and wellness of counselor professionals.
- Moh, Y. & Anandavalli, S. (2020 – present). Culturally-responsive research mentorship in counselor education.
- Moh, Y., Sperandio, K., & Wycoff, K. (2020- present). Barriers to Access Mental Health Care among Black, Indigenous, Persons of Color (BIPOC) communities and others during COVID-19
- Crunk, A. E., Burke, L. A., Neimeyer, R. A., & Moh, Y. (2018 – present). Adverse childhood experiences and risks of complicated grief.
- Sperandio, K., Gonzalez, E., & Moh, Y. (2020 – present). Grief in addiction counselors.